- Old-Tatar Sloboda, one of the famous sights of the city. It was built by Ivan the Terrible after the siege of Kazan in 1552. The first people living here were tatars who took part in the siege.
- Lake Kaban where the chest with innumerous treasures is situated. The legend says that the chest was hidden on the bottom of the lake during the siege of Kazan.
- The central streets of the city of Kazan that were visited by Pushkin, Gorky, Tolstoy and other outstanding people of culture and art.
- The Exaltation of the Cross Church with the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, one of the most revered shrines in Russia. In 2004 Vatican returned the Kazan Icon to Patriarch Alexy II and since that time thousands of pilgrims and tourists come here to touch the miraculous icon.
- National complex “Tugan Avylym” that means “Native Village” in the Tatar language. Here you can find a restaurant with the traditional tatar cuisine, a pancake café with the Russian stove and guest houses decorated in the Tatar style, you can attend different master-classes and interactive programs.
- The Kazan Kremlin is the chief sight of the Republic of Tatarstan, now it is the object of the UNESCO heritage. The whole territory of the Kremlin is the museum-reserve where a lot of museums, Kul Sharif Mosque, Suyumbike Tower and other historical places are found.
- The Temple of All Religions, an architectural ensemble in the settlement of Arakchino. Here you can find an orthodox church, a Muslim mosque, a Judean synagogue and a pagoda. It is interesting that initially it was designed to have elements of 16 different religions both existing and those that disappeared.
- The Assumption Men Monastery, founded in 1555 by the first Archimandrite Herman, it was the richest and the most powerful monastery in the Kazan eparchy. In the middle of the 18th century it possessed about 50 villages and settlements with thousands of people. In the Soviet times the building of the monastery was used as a concentration camp and a colony for young criminals.
- The Sviyazhsk Ioanno-Predtechensky Monastery founded in the 16th century by Ivan the Terrible. Here we can still find the original wooden trinity church, a rare monument of the ancient times, that was brought here by the order of the Tsar Ivan the Terrible.
- The wooden trinity church, a unique and the only monument of the wooden architecture of the Volga region. The church was built in honour of the Russian troops when they came to the bottom of the Kruglaya Hill on May 17, 1551. The wood for the building of the church was brought from the forests of the Uglich region to the Sviyaga River. Ivan the Terrible himself used to pray in this church before the final battle for Kazan in 1552.
- The Church of St Constantine and Helena. In 1551 Ivan the terrible personally ordered to build a wooden church here. The construction started at the beginning of the 16th century after the city of Sviyazhsk was consecrated. So at the end of the 17th century instead of the wooden building a new stone Church with a separate bell tower appeared.
- The History of Sviyazhsk Museum. It is located in former governmental buildings, dated back to the first half of the 19th century. The exhibitions of the museum show the history of the Sviyazhsk region and its arts and crafts.
- Interactive program “Armour entertainment” (for extra fee). The duration is 30 minutes, but people get unforgettable impression and great pictures to remember such an interesting event. If you choose this program you will see: demonstration of a real medieval battle, clothes and different kinds of armors, you will hear interesting stories about the life of our ancestors and heroes, who protected our Motherland.
- Kazan Planetarim, built by a special architectural design in the High-Tech style and with new modern equipment. There are a few big galleries inside, where visitors can watch star systems, planets, sun, moon, various comets and asteroids. During the excursion you are offered an interesting film about the space. The guide will tell you about the solar system and our Galaxy.