- Old-Tatar Sloboda, one of the famous sights of the city. It was built by Ivan the Terrible after the siege of Kazan in 1552. The first people living here were tatars who took part in the siege.
- Lake Kaban where the chest with innumerous treasures is situated. The legend says that the chest was hidden on the bottom of the lake during the siege of Kazan.
- The central streets of the city of Kazan that were visited by Pushkin, Gorky, Tolstoy and other outstanding people of culture and art.
- The Exaltation of the Cross Church with the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, one of the most revered shrines in Russia. In 2004 Vatican returned the Kazan Icon to Patriarch Alexy II and since that time thousands of pilgrims and tourists come here to touch the miraculous icon.
- National complex “Tugan Avylym” that means “Native Village” in the Tatar language. Here you can find a restaurant with the traditional tatar cuisine, a pancake café with the Russian stove and guest houses decorated in the Tatar style, you can attend different master-classes and interactive programs.
- The Kazan Kremlin is the chief sight of the Republic of Tatarstan, now it is the object of the UNESCO heritage. The whole territory of the Kremlin is the museum-reserve where a lot of museums, Kul Sharif Mosque, Suyumbike Tower and other historical places are found.
- Lenin’s Motherland State Historical and Memorial Museum Reserve, a unique historical, cultural and architectural complex of old Simbirsk. There are 11 museums and an exhibition hall on the territory of the complex. You can feel the atmosphere of the old city, you see how people lived in the past, you participate in the events of that time.
- Museum “Fire protection of Simbirsk”, situated in the building of the old Fire Department, it was built in 1874 and was included into the Simbirsk police department. Now the old wooden building is a monument of architecture. The exhibitions of the museum show the history of the fire protection of the city starting from the 19th century. You can also learn about the modern fire protection training.
- Museum “Public Education in Simbirsk Province in 1870-80s”, that occupies two wooden houses. In one of them you can see the exhibition devoted to the first parochial school for girls. The exhibits in the other building show the history of the development of public education in the Simbirsk Province.
- Simbirsk Photo Museum, where you learn about the history of the photos in the Simbirsk Province. A photo pavilion of the 19th-20th centuries and a photo lab are reconstructed, you see the old photo cameras here. The works of modern photographers are also exhibited here.